Application Deadline: September 1, 2021
The Rutu Foundation is seeking a creative, motivated, and proactive intern with an interest in languages and education for a part-time (8 hours/week) Marketing and Communications position. We are an award-winning international non-profit based in Amsterdam committed to advocating for multilingual education. As our Communications Intern, you will work directly with our tight-knit staff to produce social media content, optimize our website, and create promotional materials.
This is a great opportunity for students and recent graduates to get hands-on experience in both the education and non-profit sphere. You will be working as a key member of our team and will have access to Rutu Foundation events, face-to-face interactions with experts in the field, and mentorship from our executive board.
Internship start and end dates are flexible. This is an unpaid internship, but course credit may be arranged.
- Maintaining our social media presence on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram
- Suggesting, drafting, and creating social media updates on our various platforms
- Creating various graphics for our audience
- Writing, editing, and identifying relevant content for our e-newsletter
- Assisting with website optimization and updates
- Creating promotional materials for our events
Preferred knowledge and skills
- Strong writing skills
- Experience with social media platforms
- Demonstrated interest in multilingual education
- Graphic design and photography skills are highly desirable
- Experience with Wordpress, Canva, and Mailchimp
- Fluency or equivalent in English
- Other languages, particularly Dutch, Spanish, French, and German, preferred but not required
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team and think creatively
- This position is available to bachelor and master students studying graphic design, marketing, communications, English, computer science, or other related fields.
- Commitment for 8-12 hours per week for at least three months, flexible start and end dates
About the Rutu Foundation
How to apply
At the Rutu Foundation we are committed to inclusivity in education and in our workspace. Our team is female-led and comes from a diverse range of ethnic, geographic, and linguistic backgrounds. We encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQI+ community, and people with a disability to apply. To apply, please send an email with your CV and a motivation letter to Ellen-Rose Kambel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about the Rutu Foundation, please visit https://www.rutufoundation.org/.